Happy New Year My Loves!!!
My first post of 2018 is here!
First and foremost, I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and New Year! Moreover, I hope you are all ready for 2018 because this is going to be a great year for all of us!
As for the new year, I hope you all created goals and resolutions in order to become a better version of yourselves! Whatever your goals may be, you will go above and beyond! I am here to guide you and help you start out the year with some good habits to practice.
- Become more active. I’m sure this goal is already on your resolution list, trust me it’s on mine as well. Being active doesn’t mean getting a gym membership. Go for a run, take a yoga class or play workout videos in the comfort of your own home! Try something new this year, exercising allows your body to release endorphins which makes you happy!!
- Use your planner. It is definitely hard to achieve goals and to keep up with social events, meetings without having it written down. There are many different styles of planners, shop around until you are able to find one that is functional for your everyday life! Plan for the week or plan for the day by writing a to-do list and checking off each task as you complete them. Planning is an amazing habit to adopt into your everyday lives!
- Get enough sleep. Getting a decent amount of sleep at night is so important for us, sleep at least 6 hours a night but 8 hours is the best. Sleep helps rejuvenate our bodies and leaves us feeling refreshed when we wake up in the morning.
- Do more for yourself. This habit is something we should really focus on this year. Doing things for yourself is important, this extra time will not only help us de-stress but will also help with our mental health. Go get your nails done, watch your favourite movie/TV show or go on a shopping spree. We may get caught up in the hustle of work and school but it is crucial to take time out for yourself.
- Read a book – or ten. Reading is good for the mind, but reading will also help you learn new information and explore new ideas. This is a good habit to incorporate into your lifestyle in order to become a more educated and better version of yourself!
- Create an inspiration board. These are the little things that can really motivate you! Print and cut out pictures of the materialistic things you want, what your dream life looks like, travel destinations as well as quotes that inspire you. Put your inspiration board in your work area to look at and use it as a motivation to get you one step closet to your goals.
I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you have an amazing 2018!
Let me know in the comments what your New Years resolution is.
-Maggie Zhu xo
The title may be a bit misleading as I can’t possibly wear these types of outfits during the week as I have to wear my school uniform. But these are the types of outfits I may wear during the week if I could wear whatever clothing pieces I want.
First outfit: This look is the outfit on the left-hand side. This look is a chic everyday blogger look that features a pink faux suede jacket from Zara that almost all bloggers have! It is a wonderful investment piece that is super wearable on the daily basis and provides the perfect amount of warmth. Underneath the suede biker jacket, I layered a plain white v-neck tee from Aritzia. Nothing really special to it, just a comfortable everyday white tee that is easy to pair with any outfit. Of course I wore my black Hollister jeans to tie the look together. Don’t mind the socks! I would wear sneakers or booties with this certain look.
Second outfit: This is the outfit in the middle. This look will definitely need a layering jacket on top or worn on a warmer spring day. But I paired this beautiful pink satin off the shoulder blouse from Miss Selfridge with my trusty black Hollister jeans! Again I wore socks but I would pair this look with a pair of booties!
Third outfit: This look is definitely not an everyday wearable outfit, but would be great for a Friday night! I wore this amazing bodycon black lace dress from Tobi and on top of that, I wore the softest fur coat in a baby pink colour. The fur coat is from Missguided and to top everything off, I wore a pair of classy pointed-toe black heels!
Yet again, another one of my Spring fashion related posts! Today’s blog post is on the colours I cannot wait to wear throughout the upcoming warmer Canadian Spring days. Some of my favourite colours to style include white, pink, grey and sometimes black. Pink has been really in so far this season which makes me really happy as a quarter of my wardrobe is pink. Along with styling pink for Spring, the two shades of white and grey will help to balance out the outfit and not make it took too girly or childish.f you guys would like
If you all would like to see a blog post on how to style pink in the Springtime, then just let me know in the comments!
If you are a regular reader of my blog posts, you would have known that my last couple of blog posts have been Spring fashion related all because of my love for this particular season. I am hoping that my future blog posts will be spread out between just Spring fashion and fashion in general! Anyways I wanted to share another chic Spring outfit with you all as this is one of my go-to outfits during the Springtime.
This outfit features a beautiful off the shoulder white lacey blouse from Forever21, a pair of semi-ripped black jeans from Hollister and a beautiful baby pink Michael Kors purse in the colour, “ballet”.
This outfit not only incorporates girly patterns such as lace and colours like white and pink but it also incorporates the casual and laid back side with the black ripped jeans.
Overall this look is definitely a go-to Spring outfit for me when it gets a bit warmer as I live in Canada. Stay tuned for more Spring outfit inspiration on my blog!
Spring is my favourite season to shop, hence all the beautiful pieces I have already gotten (which are all featured in my spring haul part 1 on my Youtube channel). All the stores have been releasing their latest collections for the beautiful spring season and I have created several wishlists and here is one of my Shein wishlist!
Link to this white off the shoulder dress: https://www.shein.com/White-Off-The-Shoulder-Ruffle-Dress-p-320001-cat-1727.html?aff_id=8859
This beautiful off the shoulder white dress can be either dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Add on a pair of heels and some jewellery for a dressy look or wear some slides/sandals for a casual look for shopping.
Link to this pair of pink slides: https://www.shein.com/Pink-Rabbit-Hair-Soft-Sole-Flat-Slippers-p-327717-cat-1751.html?aff_id=8859
I adore this pair of pink fur slides, these are essentially the inexpensive lookalike of the pink Puma fenty slides that was released in 2016. These can be worn with socks for a super casual look when it’s a bit chilly outside or on its own with a casual t-shirt dress!
Link to this pink velvet slip dress: https://www.shein.com/Pink-Velvet-Criss-Cross-Backless-Slip-Dress-p-344371-cat-1727.html?aff_id=8859
This adorable pink velvet slip dress looks identical to the one Urban Outfitters released in 2016 but it was sold out. It is also in this beautiful light pale pink shade which I adore! Velvet is not a spring texture but it can definitely be a great transition piece from winter to spring. Layer it over a white t-shirt for a trendy spring outfit!
Link to this white off the shoulder blouse: https://www.shein.com/White-Off-The-Shoulder-Ruffle-Crop-Top-p-306686-cat-1733.html?aff_id=8859
This beautiful white off the shoulder blouse can again be dressed up for an elegant look or dressed down for a chic casual look. This top is very versatile and can is very easily styled as it is in a crisp white colour.
Closet pictures are my favourite photos to take! This picture was actually taken at 10 pm last year Dec 23 while I was packing for my cruise lol! I thought my closet was cute so I took a picture and really edited it!
Adidas is one of my favourite fashion brands and this grey sweatshirt from Urban Outfitters is the cutest thing ever! The grey and white compliment each other so well and the material is super soft and comfy!