Happy New Year My Loves!!!
My first post of 2018 is here!
First and foremost, I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and New Year! Moreover, I hope you are all ready for 2018 because this is going to be a great year for all of us!
As for the new year, I hope you all created goals and resolutions in order to become a better version of yourselves! Whatever your goals may be, you will go above and beyond! I am here to guide you and help you start out the year with some good habits to practice.
- Become more active. I’m sure this goal is already on your resolution list, trust me it’s on mine as well. Being active doesn’t mean getting a gym membership. Go for a run, take a yoga class or play workout videos in the comfort of your own home! Try something new this year, exercising allows your body to release endorphins which makes you happy!!
- Use your planner. It is definitely hard to achieve goals and to keep up with social events, meetings without having it written down. There are many different styles of planners, shop around until you are able to find one that is functional for your everyday life! Plan for the week or plan for the day by writing a to-do list and checking off each task as you complete them. Planning is an amazing habit to adopt into your everyday lives!
- Get enough sleep. Getting a decent amount of sleep at night is so important for us, sleep at least 6 hours a night but 8 hours is the best. Sleep helps rejuvenate our bodies and leaves us feeling refreshed when we wake up in the morning.
- Do more for yourself. This habit is something we should really focus on this year. Doing things for yourself is important, this extra time will not only help us de-stress but will also help with our mental health. Go get your nails done, watch your favourite movie/TV show or go on a shopping spree. We may get caught up in the hustle of work and school but it is crucial to take time out for yourself.
- Read a book – or ten. Reading is good for the mind, but reading will also help you learn new information and explore new ideas. This is a good habit to incorporate into your lifestyle in order to become a more educated and better version of yourself!
- Create an inspiration board. These are the little things that can really motivate you! Print and cut out pictures of the materialistic things you want, what your dream life looks like, travel destinations as well as quotes that inspire you. Put your inspiration board in your work area to look at and use it as a motivation to get you one step closet to your goals.
I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you have an amazing 2018!
Let me know in the comments what your New Years resolution is.
-Maggie Zhu xo